Wednesday, April 23, 2008

back in the zone

feels good!!!!!

This week i have felt like the old me! food is controlled and back on competition diet and exercise in on form!

The "new" gym is actually working out quite well, we have a great set up at home, with cable crossover, smith machine, bench with leg attachments, dumbbells and barbells. It has taken a bit of juggling around to work out the best weights to use and which DB are which (mike has "heavy 10's" and "light 10's"!!!!)but they have worked in well with my new programs. I am really lucky actually, most of my lower body work involves lunges and squats so easily done at home. the only thing i don't have is a treadmill, i HAVE to do 15mins walking after 2 workouts and 10mins half way through the other 2 workouts. I do have a bike though, so that gets used if i am home alone with the kids and can't go out walking.

Mike and I are contemplating opening a gym ourselves as there is a gap in the market here now, still very early stages at the moment, looking into costs etc , but who knows, could be a dream come true!!

I am not looking for a new gym at the moment, i am happy to train at home now i have a routine and i am also booked in for a breast lift on MAy 6th which will pretty much put me out of training until about june, so no point spending money on a membership at the moment!

I am currently on a 2 week shred,leading up to the first workshop post comp. There will probably be lots of newbies there, so i need to make sure that i still look the part in case i get to show off some posing!!!

Had some new pre workout supplements to try today, TORNADO containing beta alanine which helps reduce the lactic acid build up in the muscles and lets you train harder for longer! tastes great and the workout was good, so we will have to see if this will become my new favourite!!

Until next time!!

Dream hard and aim high
Wendy

1 comment:

Margaret2007 said...

Well, I'll be praying for 2 of you in surgery on May 6th! My DM is having her wrist fixed after a break healed poorly...

How exciting about the gym planning!!! That would absolutely be a dream...to make money helping others get fit and workout whenever one wanted! A dream come true!

Hugs,
Margaret