Tuesday, October 7, 2008

ANB Vics Oct 2008




well, all over and done with!



Placed 6th in my division, which was no surprise, I was in the same class as a couple of girls who have a list of achievements to their names.



My goal was to make it on stage and hopefully look better than March, i made it up, in a well made bikini with great shoes, so that was a start. After all the training i have done, i am sure i had more muscle, not that it looked like it compared with the others!!



I am not surprised or dissappointed with my results as i really got out what i had put in. The whole way through i doubted myself and sabotaged myself, i trained hard, but didn't diet as hard as i should have and it showed on the day. I didn't come in as lean and hard as March for whatever reason, and i must admit, something went wrong with my legs!! Strange as my hips are smaller than they have ever been, and yet i looked very bottom heavy! Must change my routine to "fat bottomed girls" next time!



Anyway, i am glad i made it up on stage again, i did get a better feeling of what is needed to make it up there this time around, if i ever want to take home a trophey, i need to work at it and be consistent. I need clean food year round and no lapsing into former habits! saying that, finding it a challenge to stay lean and green with food at the moment, there is so much yummy stuff out there which i have not tasted for weeks!


My current goal is to be more creative with food, if we have to live like this, then i need more variety and freedom with my food, it can't all be plain meat and veggies/salad. Made some great lamb kebabs last night, simple, easy and very tasty.... why haven't i done that before.


So, whilst enjoying my new training program, designed to layer on the muscle, i am also going to enjoy the process of cooking and eating great tasting food and result to plain chicken/veggies only in an emergency. So if there are any good cooks out there with great recipes.........

1 comment:

Margaret2007 said...

Wendy, I am SO proud of you!!! You make a decision, and move toward that goal. What a wonderful lesson for your girls!

Do you ever have a garden? My DH does a nice one and I tend to get creative using what's coming fresh out of the garden...

KUTGW and Congrats!!!!!!