Monday, December 31, 2007

Temptations

With 12 and a bit weeks to go until comp i really need to get my head around competition diet and find ways of dealing with temptations.

So far my coping strategies include.......

Going to bed early, sounds odd, but it keeps me away from food just because i am tired/bored

Brushing my teeth.... speaks for itself really, who wants to eat when you are minty fresh

Chewing gum or having fizzy water/diet coke

Making sure i eat every 3 hours, this is a big one, i find if i take too long between my meals in the morning, i am setting myself up for failure later in the day.

Reminding myself of the time line until competition.


However, sometimes this ideas just aren't enough and i need to battle with the ogre inside of me to stop eating things that will not get me to my goals. For example, i have done so well all day and yet here at work tonight i have just eaten 4 crackers whilst my tea was heating up... why??? probably because i was too hungry, probably just because...

well, what is done is done, so i can only move on and gt straight back on track, no point beating myself up over the lack of willpower.

Tomorrow is the start of a new year and I am looking forward to it being a great one with regards to health and fitness, I know I will finally be able to say I have the body of my dreams and my years of being overweight and yoyo diets are finally over. I have become a fit and active role model to my children and achieved freedom.

No comments: