Sunday, February 3, 2008

8 weeks to go



One of my favourite poses today!!!

Took all my phots this weekend, but wasn't really happy with my posing, somedays it all looks good, and others it just falls flat, lets hope by the time March 29th comes, I will be well practised in the art of posing and can hit a good one each time!

I allowed myself a weak moment today, we went blackberry picking and for some reason I made blackberry & apple crumble for the rest of the family. It smelt too good so I indulged in a small bowl with yoghurt (chose to have yogurt instead of ice cream to make it healthier!!) Man was it tasty!!!! but now I realise why I am not to eat things like that. It has been really hard to stop there, it is like flood gates have been opened and now that I have cheated I have given myself permission to eat anything I fancy (tonight there is left over crumble and lollies in the house!)It is really hard to find the strength again to go back to my normal eating. However, it is fighting against this urge to eat everything that will ultimately make me stronger and teach me that foods can be enjoyed in moderation and there is no need to binge on everything in sight, have one reward and then move back into the healthy mode, afterall, this is to be my lifestyle after the competition, I am not going to revert back to old habits, otherwise the old body will soon follow!

Have managed to increase my cardio efforts this week, although the ab work has fallen behind, so the plan for next week is to up both of them, the girls are back at school now so I have a couple of days back to myself to fit in longer sessions adn possibe multiple sessions. Hard work and fantastic eating for the next week as I have a bikini fitting on the weekend, am also going to try a spray tan (not too dark) so see how that helps the muscle definition. Watch this space!!!

2 comments:

Simona Lee said...

Good on you Wendy. It's weird reading all your thoughts and issues going on for you at the moment. It was so much like mine.
Your progress looks to be going quite well and you seem to be on track (from what I can see). You will go through self doubts etc but just remember that your brain tries to get you to eat food that you shouldn't and uses tricks. I found that going to bed early helped. low joule jelly made with half diet lemonade is a good treat. I would also usually have a protein shake beofre bed and this feels like a sweet. But it is true, if you start eating (the wrong things) you won't stop.you just can't cheat anymore from now on and i know you can if you just concentrate. but I also know how bloody hard it is. The only thing I was disappointed in was that I did cheat during my diet phase. I even went to a wedding 2 weeks out and ate and drank whatever. That is my regret and I hope you can get there without the same regrets. Call me or email anytime if you need it, REALLY, I mean it.
I will be there for the comp but not competing. I start my dieting end of March and will do bendigo in August and anb in oct. Hope to see you at those too.
Cheers, Simone

Debbie said...

Great pose, Wendy! I know how you feel about opening up the flood gates with sweets. Better to not ever go there to begin with.

I've done the professional spray tan before and it looked great. I didn't have muscle definition at the time so I have no idea of the impact.

KUTGW!
Debbie