Monday, March 3, 2008

26 days to go

Actually managed to drag myself out of bed a little earlier today and did 10mins interval training on the bike, i figure if i can fit in atleast 10mins before breakfast it can only help, and surely i won't miss 10mins of sleep!!!

My body is actually quite sore at the moment, the legs have been hammered by 2 spinning sessions and a leg workout and the hammies are struggling to recover. My upper back is feeling yesturdays workout (sore in a good way!!!) so i chose to skip weights today (shoulders were scheduled)and walk instead. Weights can be done tomorrow, I have the day off,so should be able to do shoulders in the morning and legs in the evening (atleast that is the plan)

I have been thinking today how much my mindset has changed the past year. It has been a long hard journey to get to where i am today, but the hardest part has been changing the way i think. One example is the thought of maintenance. About 3years ago, i signed up with an online trainer to try and complete 12 weeks body overhaul (yes tried, i only made it to about week 6) I remember querying what would happen at the end of the 12 weeks, what would i be eating and how would i be exercising to "maintain" the new body!
Today I have a lifestyle, my diet will not change too much once the competition is over, it will not be as strict but it will be designed to improve my body, to help me get stronger at the gym, build more muscle and to be better than i am now in my next competition. There is no maintenance, only progression. If i do not progress i will be regressing and that is certainly not a place i want to go to!

So progression is what i am aiming for, therefore, taking note of what i have said, tomorrows interval training will be 15mins!!!!

No comments: