Saturday, March 29, 2008

First photos!




All over and done with and i am exhausted both mentally and physically.

The day was awesome, started early getting my hair done and then driving to Melbourne, but we arrived with plenty of time to spare which was good. I was very nervous as was to be expected, but everyone backstage was really helpful and encouraging. I had issues with my bikini though, the one i had made ended up not fitting well and no one backstage was happy with the way the top sat, they all agreed it did nothing for my body. Luckily for me, one of the helpers happened to bring her costumes with her (don't ask me why) and she insisted that i try her green one. It looked way too small but i tried anyway and everyone seemed to thing it was a better fit on the top than my purple one. Although the bottoms were slightly too small it was the overall consensus that this one was better, so after all the dramas of having a bikini made, i ended up wearing someone elses!(so i am in the green bikini in the pics!)

On stage was nerve racking but actually great fun, i shook like a leaf, but apparently this wasn't obvious, i tried to smile and look confident and enjoy myself and that worked. I felt good! My routine went down really well, the daggy bits that i found hard to do the crowd loved which was awesome, i again relaxed and had fun!

Overall i placed 6th out of my division and apparently 4,5 & 6th were very close and could have gone anyway, with a better fitting bikini, maybe i would have placed higher. I did take home most inspirational female though which made the journey all worth while.

Speaking to one of the judges after i said that i really didn't care where in the line up i came as long as i didn't look out of place and he said i definitely didn't look out of place!!!

We stopped at pancake parlour on the way home which was when i got my first look at the photos Mike had taken, i cried!!!!! I could not believe that was how i looked! Like i said, it has been a very emotional day and seeing my photos just brought home to me how far i have come.

I was quite blown away with the support that i had, I had a table full of supporters which was great as bodybuilding can be quite a lonely sport. It was great to have so many friends come and watch and cheer me one, I have even inspired a couple of them to think about competing as well. It would be so great to enter the next comp with some fellow competitors that i know! If each one of us could inspire someone else to pick up heavy weights and train hard, we could rid the gym of girly weights,long cardio sessions and high rep/low weight routines!!

I can rest easily on holiday next week and then will be coming back full force ready to build muscle, investigate bikinis and get ready to kick some butt in October. Watch stage... I am coming back!!

I will post some of the professional photos next week once i receive them, so please remember to pop back in and check them out. T

Thank you to everyone who has been following this journey, it has been wonderful and is the start of a great sporting career (well, i can dream!!!)

Dream Hard and Aim High

Wendy

5 comments:

Debbie said...

Wendy! A big CONGRATULATIONS to you! You look awesome in your pictures. So glad you had fun with this. You've come a lONG way, baby.

Debbie

Anonymous said...

Oh Wendy!!! How wonderful!!! I love the green on you too. It really pops with the color.

I'm so glad you got a chance to relish the accomplishment via the pix. It really is amazing what our heads can tell us and what is actually the truth. Also, what an inspiration to your girls...

Have fun on vacation and thanks for taking the time to update us!

Hugs,
Margaret

Marbella said...

Hi Wendy,
Sorry am so late in supporting you, but want to say that am so PROUD of you. Remember when all of this seemed so impossible...and now it´s true and you did so well. I thought you looked the very best! Congratulations on your long successful journey. The Dream Team is so happy for you!
Lynda

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Wendy! I'm so impressed with all you accomplished. Getting up on stage like that was no easy feat. That's so cool that you got the inspirational award, too. Obviously we aren't the only ones who are impressed with what you have done. Thanks for filling us in before you took off. Enjoy your vacation!

Amanda said...

Wendy, I'm so proud of you! You did it; you did what you wanted to do. Only you know how hard it was for you, with all that you struggled with; everyone else sees a beautiful woman who looks like she belongs up on that stage! Congrats, girl.