Monday, January 7, 2008

week 1 of shredding


Well, i have now started the shredding section!
My diet plan came through on Friday but i didn't get it until late due to being out all day, but i ate clean and low carb for the day to give myself a head start.

The plan is simple and easy to follow, not much variation, but then how far can you change meat and salad/veggies!!! started it on Saturday and have been 100% on it since then (today is Monday evening)

Sunday was hard, i had a huge headache due to the low carbs for a couple of days but have moved past that now which is good. I have had to drop the diet cokes and fizzy water which has been hard, although i am proud to say i have had 1/2 can of coke in 2 days, so i am quite pleased with that, i figure i need to wean myself off of the coke so am happy to indulge myself if i really have to this week (hey it is better than breaking the diet!!)

Water consumption is up, i think i hit about 6 litres today!!! (have to say bathroom trips are up as well) and food has to be eaten every 2 1/2 - 3 hours so careful planning is needed for foods to be eaten at work. Today was good though with no problems, i was delayed at work but had a reserve pouch of salmon in my bag so i could have that to keep me going until i got home for tea!!

Am pleased with the way i feel at the moment, it all seems possible now and my body feels good from eating the fresh, unprocessed food, it is the kind of feeling you need to bottle away and open in those times of weakness for "bad" foods, for some reason, the taste of chocolate always wins over the sensation my body has from eating good food.

Anyway, this weeks photos is a side pose for symmetry rounds, i plan on posting at least one photo a week to see how things are shaping up, and once i work everything out, i may even chuck in a couple for comparison to see how far i have travelled.

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Wendy,

Keep up the great work. Only 12 weeks until your competition? You can do this. Hope all goes well with working with your trainer. How exciting to be working so diligently towards your dream!

Debbie

Otter Christy said...

Hi there, Wendy! I'm a cyber-friend of Debbie's, who told me to swing by. You look great, and so impressive that you're going to compete in your first bodybuilding competition in like three months.

I feel you on the Diet Coke by the way. I'm trying to drink more water and less diet coke, and my bathroom trips are way up, too. An amazing feat on the 1/2 a can in 2 days! Hats off to you on that one. :)

I'd love to see the comparison photos if you decide to put them up!