Sunday, January 20, 2008

Weekend Struggles

Another weekend down, Saturday was the ANB workshop in Melbourne which was interesting and I picked up some good advice with regards to supplements and training principles. I felt like I had been kept back a grade at school as everyone there were complete novices with no idea. Having attended all the workshops last year, I built a network of friends who started off as novices and ended up competing in October, I really got the feeling yesturday that I had been left behind, however on the upside of that, it was encouraging to see how far I have come from my first workshop and I hope I will be able to help, support and inspire those that continue to attend them this year.

By the time I headed home, I was really craving something sweet and bad!!! I let in only to a bottle of diet coke, having said before, if that is what keeps me on the straight and narrow, then so be it!!! The urge to cheat was still strong at home last night, but I fought through it (after checking with my trainer that I was definately not allowed chocolate!!!)

Today has been better but I have actually felt hungry for the first time since really starting this phase of preparing, I guess this is a natural response to the foods I am eating and a sign that my body is about to tap into fat reserves again having got used to the amount of food I have been shovelling away!! I worked out the other night that I am on approx 1600-1700 cals with around 55% protein, 20% carbs and 20% fats. The calories were a shock, I thought they were alot lower. Just goes to show you do actually have to eat to lose weight.

Measurements this week have gone down again by about 1cm on each body part, so that is always encourging and a step in the right direction.

Have called the "bikini lady" to organise getting one made, but missed her and then she missed me, so will try again next week, but atleast I have made the first step on that one, have also looked for some better shoes but with no luck as yet, will just have to keep practising on the stilettos (and cross my fingers that I find a new pair as I really don't want to be the only one on stage wobbling all over the show!)

No comments: